Sunday, September 6, 2009

Where is this Sign?


Update: Walter, a reader of this blog, helped me find the place. He tracked down Deluxe Bar-B-Q in Seattle's Pike Place Market. It has since changed names to Umai Sushie Teriyaki, but the sign remains. I tried the number for both establishments (they have the same listing) with no answer, but I do know it's just down Post Alley from Pike Street. I wonder if they know their sign is so popular?

I've noticed this particular neon sign for an unnamed BBQ joint on many marketing materials lately, but I just can't figure out where it's really from. It's included in a story about Bootleg BBQ in Louisville, but their website shows a different image. The I found it in this guy's Flickr account listed under "Seattle". Does anyone have a clue what it belongs to? Have you seen it anywhere? Send me a note if you have any information, or send a link to any other mentions of this sign. I need to solve this BBQ mystery.


- BBQ Snob

No comments:

DISCLAIMER:

Each joint is judged on the essence of Texas 'cue...sliced brisket and pork ribs. Sausage is only considered if house made. Sauce is good, but good meat needs no adornment to satisfy. Each review can only be based on specific cuts of meat on that particular day. Finally, if the place fries up catfish or serves a caesar salad, then chances are they aren't paying enough attention to the pits, so we mostly steered clear.

-THE PROPHETS OF SMOKED MEAT